Trying to decide between an Arduino or Raspberry Pi for your project? In this video we look at what the difference between the two boards are and talk about what kinds of projects each are best at.
This one has been a long time in the making for two reasons. First, I spent some time creating an opening sequence for the videos. Thanks to everyone who helped me decide on the right music to use.
Secondly, because this is a topic which comes up all the time. What is the difference between an Arduino and a Raspberry Pi?
Often people pick one because of (perceived) popularity or because of price, or because of raw specs. When it comes down to it, you really have to decide how you’re going to use it.
So, enjoy this video which compares the Arduino to Raspberry Pi.
Here are some of the devices and products shown in the video. There’s no connection between the vendors and me, it’s just where I found (or bought) the stuff from originally. I’m sure there are others who sell the same.
Character LCD 4×20
- Adafruit: http://www.adafruit.com/products/181
- Saprkfun: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/256
- Adafruit: http://www.adafruit.com/products/189
- Sparkfun: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8630
- Fry’s: http://bit.ly/1k536g9
- Amazon: http://amzn.to/1k53M5a
- Adafruit: http://adafru.it/1601
Learn more about the Arduino from the following places.
- Main Website: http://www.arduino.cc/
- Official Forums: http://forum.arduino.cc/
- (Outdated) Comparison Chart between different Arduino Boards:
- Newer article on different Arduino boards:
- Tutorials I’ve Written:
Raspberry Pi Resources
Main Website: http://www.raspberrypi.org/
element14 Community Site: http://www.element14.com/community/community/raspberry-pi
Raspberry Pi for Beginners: http://pibeginners.com/
Support AddOhms by joining the Bald Engineer’s Patreon.
Just what i was looking for! Thanks. keep up with the good work 😀